CLUB TRANSFER: Cesc Fabregas says he left Barca on his own

Chelsea signing Cesc Fabregas insists it was
his decision to leave Barcelona .
Barca sold Cesc to Chelsea last week in a
£27 million deal.
"No, it was not their decision, they said
they'd miss me.
"The president tried to block my way, but I
was very clear," explained Cesc to Radio
Cope .
"At the time I spoke with (sporting director)
Andoni Zubizarreta and president (Josep
Bartomeu), and I told them I wanted to go.
And the truth is that everything was very
easy. I'm not going for anything specific, but
a cluster of things.
"If I thought I was not going to be happy at
Chelsea, I would not have taken this major
life decision.
"Personally I do not doubt that I'll be happy
because I've lived in London for eight years, I
have friends, I'll be with my family and I'm an
hour and a half from Barcelona ."
On reports that Barca asked Lionel Messi to
convince him to stay, Cesc added: "It is not
true they (the club) sent Messi. Leo did not
ask me to stay. If you knew us, you would
know that he asks for nothing.
"Leo is terrific and told me to be happy
wherever I went."

Comments

Popular Posts