TRANSFER RUMOUR: Hazard assures Mourinho against PSG call

Jun 4, 2014 12:39:00 AM
The Belgian has been linked with a
move to Paris Saint-Germain in the
last month but states that he is looking
forward to wearing his new shirt
number at the Blues next season
Chelsea have revealed that Eden Hazard will wear the No.10 shirt next season, quelling doubts over his future at the club.
The Belgian, currently on international duty ahead of the World Cup, has been heavily linked with a move abroad, notably to Paris Saint-Germain, where Laurent Blanc expressed an interest in the winger.
However, via the club's official website, the
Blues announced that the 23-year-old will
change his shirt number, suggesting that
both parties are planning for next season.
Hazard said: "I am very pleased to be able to
wear the No.10 for Chelsea.
"It is my favourite number and is one I am used to wearing for the national team, as well as the one worn by some of my heroes from when I was a kid, like Zinedine Zidane.
"I hope it brings me a lot of luck in the future and I look forward to the fans seeing me in it next season."
Juan Mata was the previous holder of the shirt before leaving for Manchester United in January.
Hazard has delivered 30 goals and 34
assists since joining Chelsea in the summer of 2012 for €40 million.

Comments

Popular Posts