GOLF: Tiger Woods to miss US Open

Tiger Woods has confirmed he has withdrawn
from the US Open as he recovers from back
surgery.
The decision was expected - his back problem
has kept him out of the tour for nearly three
months.
He had microdiscectomy surgery on March 31,
and last played at Doral on March 9.
The US Open will be the sixth major that
Woods has missed because of injuries, and it
will be the second time in the last four years
he has missed the tournament.
Woods told his website: "Unfortunately, I
won't be there because I'm not yet physically
able to play competitive golf.
"I'd like to convey my regrets to the USGA
leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I
won't be at Pinehurst.
"The US Open is very important to me, and I
know it's going to be a great week. Despite
missing the first two majors (this year), and
several other important tournaments, I remain
very optimistic about this year and my future."
The US Open takes place at Pinehurst in North
Carolina from June 12-15.

Comments

Popular Posts